Nationwide Legal Investigations and Marc J. Tropeano PI are experts in Cybercrime Investigations.
Cybercrime is on the rise, and as technology advances, so do the criminals. But what is cybercrime? Criminals will use codes and hacks to break into personal computers, laptops, wireless devices, and even corporate servers. They will steal intellectual property from organizations to your personal information.
Nationwide Legal Investigations private investigators can assess your computer’s risk. They will help you develop a strong security policy, help train you on security measures, work to implement technology that will mitigate risk, and even reconfigure your infrastructure. If you believe your computer or network has been compromised, an investigator can check for vulnerabilities and use penetration testing to determine the problem. This will allow a private investigator to detect and fix any current weaknesses that are in your system. They can also provide countermeasures that will help you protect your system from future attacks.
Investigating a cybercrime isn’t an easy job. That is why private investigators have studied and trained on how to deal with these hard cases and how to get them resolved. They can also perform background checks to help them pinpoint who they are facing. Private investigators will also gather information to see what kind of attack it was. An investigator will also track and identify the authors of the attack.
Cybercriminals can make their crimes visible and, at times, more subtle. Here are some areas they will attack and why you need a trained private investigator to help.
• Your computer has unexpected software installs
• The mouse moves by itself and shows the purpose
• Your task manager, registry editor, and antimalware software has been disabled
• Programs don’t work or won’t open or properly function
• Files have been deleted or moved
• Passwords have been changed without your knowledge
• Money is missing from your accounts, or you get a call or bill about a purchase you never made.
• Denial of service attacks
• Unauthorized hacking or access
• Phishing attacks
• Email fraud
• The battery is dying faster than average or no longer takes a charge
• Phone is continuously warm when not in use
• When you make a call, you hear strange noises or echoing
• Data usage skyrockets
While these will help, a cybercriminal can still get in. These steps will help mitigate the necessary steps a criminal will use to get in.
• Don’t click on unfamiliar links
• Never download software that is unfamiliar
• Avoid giving out personal information unless the source can be trusted
• Have a firewall installed
• Make sure all your software is updated
• Change your passwords regularly and vary them
• Avoid public WiFi
• Keep personal information off the cloud
• Always backup your data
Cybercrime is more than a science. It is also an art form that takes knowledge along with different techniques, along with a certain finesse to conduct an investigation effectively. Analyzing the data and investigating the root cause will help you bring that person to justice, whether it is in civil or criminal court.
Don’t wait until it’s too late!
Our agents are on standby 24/7 to provide you with a detailed, comprehensive strategy for all your investigative needs..
Once retained, our investigators will be thoroughly briefed on all the details related to your case.
Our highly skilled agents will handle your matter from start to finish with the utmost professionalism while remaining 100% discreet.
At the conclusion of your case and after thorough review, our team will steer you in the right direction whether it be legal or non-legal.